Job Status: Seasonal
Overview: Under the direction of the Project Director, the Crew Leader is responsible for leading a landscaping crew of laborers and implementing the required work in an efficient manner to meet or exceed contract requirements.
This includes operating landscape equipment, tool inventory tracking and maintaining job site efficiency and quality control. The Crew Leader must be able to work outdoors in a variety of conditions and must be able to stand, bend and walk for long periods of time on a regular basis. The ability to lift 50 lbs. or more is also required.
Experience in landscape maintenance and construction is required, as well as holding an Illinois Pesticide Applicator license or ability to obtain one. The successful candidate will have strong communication and leadership skills. Proficiency in Spanish and an Illinois Driver’s License is strongly preferred.
- Weekly—Report the progress of your work and any questions or concerns to the Supervisor
- Weekly—Inspect and clean vehicles, equipment and tools
- Practice maintenance of vehicles, equipment and tools
- Practice correct methods for weeding, trimming and bush care
- Use correct methods for installing and maintaining annual flowers/planters
- Own use of fertilizers and herbicides
- Own use of stairs
- Other activities led by the Supervisor